Here in Florida, we run our air conditioners almost non-stop during the hot months, giving them little respite during the cooler months. All this use creates wear and tear on the working components of your HVAC, and your system will eventually break down if they aren’t properly maintained.
This is why seasonal preventive maintenance is essential! Our team at Best Home Services explains why.
What Is Preventative Maintenance?
Preventative HVAC maintenance is designed to keep your system running efficiently without unexpected breakdowns.
Our team recommends scheduling
HVAC maintenance at least twice a year;
Once in the spring, and again in the fall.
You can also use this opportunity to ask any questions regarding your system and bring up any issues that need to be addressed.
When a trained HVAC technician from Best Home Services comes to perform maintenance they will:
- Check refrigerant levels and inspect any connections for leaks
- Clean and straighten condenser coils
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Check the air filter
- And more!
The Benefits of Preventative Maintenance
There are several benefits of having seasonal preventative maintenance performed on your heating and cooling system including:
#1. Greater Savings
Regular preventative maintenance can greatly impact your bottom line. It is said that seasonal maintenance can reduce the risk of costly breakdowns by as much as 95%!
- Lower Energy Costs: Preventative maintenance ensures that your HVAC system is running close to peak efficiency. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, this can mean savings of up to 30% on your energy bills.
- Extending System Life: Regular HVAC maintenance will extend the lifespan of your system and reduce the likelihood that you will need to shell out big bucks for repairs or a replacement.
- Warranty Coverage: It is important to know that most HVAC manufacturers require proof of annual maintenance if a repair claim is submitted while still under warranty. Some of your system’s components are quite expensive, so investing in seasonal maintenance to keep them covered under your warranty can save you a ton of money if something goes wrong.
#2. Improved Air Quality
The EPA has reported that indoor levels of airborne pollutants can be 2-5 times higher than those found outside. This can be particularly troublesome if you or a family member suffers from respiratory issues such as asthma.
Generally, preventative maintenance—which includes changing your air filter every 30-60 days—helps ensure that the air that you are pumping through your vents is as well-filtered and free of pollutants as possible.
#3. Improved Comfort
It’s the worst feeling to come home from work on a hot Southwest Florida day, only to find hot air blasting through your vents!
You depend on your HVAC system to keep you comfortable year-round, and regular preventative maintenance will help your system produce warm or cool air more evenly.
It can be easy to forget about preventative maintenance,
but it is a crucial part of owning an HVAC system.
Other steps, like having your ductwork cleaned, can also help your system heat and cool your home more efficiently.
#4. Enhanced Safety
Preventative HVAC maintenance also helps safeguard you and your family against the risks of deadly carbon monoxide leaks.
The most common cause of a carbon monoxide leak in a home is a cracked or failed heat exchanger. But don’t worry, an HVAC tune-up typically includes a carbon monoxide test that will detect any potential hazards.
#5. Greater Peace of Mind
Finally, investing in seasonal preventative maintenance gives you the comfort that if something goes wrong, you’ve taken steps to make the situation as painless as possible. If you have maintained the components of your system season after season, you’ll likely have less expensive repairs.
Sign up for a Maintenance Plan
Never forget to schedule HVAC maintenance again and sign up for our Home Care Maintenance Plan.
This comprehensive whole-home plan includes:
- 2 air conditioning maintenance visits
- 1 electrical maintenance visit
- 1 plumbing maintenance visit
- 10% off repair services
- 1-year parts and labor warranty
Don’t settle for less, trust the Best!
Learn More > How to Prepare Your HVAC System for Fall
Southwest Florida Seasonal Maintenance
Is seasonal HVAC maintenance on your calendar yet? If not, call our team at Best Home Services NOW! Now that fall is just around the corner, it is the perfect time to get your HVAC inspected and repaired before the seasonal switch begins.